Retire to Bali with us and we will smooth the path for you. Uprooting your life and moving around the block or across the globe is somewhat of an ordeal. As exciting as that can be, it is kind of scary. Especially, when you are looking at a different country, culture, and all that comes with that. The courageous people who have the hutzpah to do something like that are a unique bunch. Obviously, it is not for everyone. However, the world has changed in so many ways in the last decade. New impetuses have arisen to inspire those who may not ever have considered relocation to rethink that option. Economics, changing weather patterns, and politics just scratch the surface. We have been there and done that for 13 years now and learned the ropes to make your transition an easy one.
If you want to escape the high cost of living and health care in the US. Make your money go further. Live a lifestyle you never imagined you could afford. You can relocate to Bali with us and find all this and more. You can have ocean-view living, a personal assistant, and meals prepared by a professional chef just for starters. Not to mention a driver to take you shopping or sightseeing so you can enjoy the scenery and not worry about traffic or getting lost. If you aren’t ready to just kick back and do whatever your mood dictates you can easily make money online.
Whether you are over 55 or a digital nomad we can help you get set up in business here. Once you have a business license you can make all the money you want and pay 1% of gross sales. No complicated tax codes or forms to fill out just 1% and Indonesia is happy. Of course, if you are American you will still have to pay US taxes, BUT the first $108700 is exempt from US taxes. That could mean $107613 extra in your pocket less whatever overhead you incurred. A monetary reason to relocate to Bali.
Bali is an amazing little island with every kind of summer climate you could ask for. Of course, it is tropical at 8° south of the equator but offers elevations from 10,000 feet to sea level which brings along different climate zones with it. There are places in the mountains that tend to be rainier and cooler and then there are the beaches which are obviously beachy some hotter than others. Personally, I couldn’t imagine moving to a tropical island and not being near the water. If you like sunny and not too hot, we feel we have the best weather Bali has to offer. Our little piece of Bali overlooks the Lombok Strait and is more often than not cooled by sea breezes. Temperatures range from 26°C to 30°C, that is 78°F to 86°F, with a pretty consistent 28°C or 82°F inside without any AC. Living here for over 2 years we have yet to use the AC or need more than a fan. So much to do and see just in our little corner of Bali.
Indonesia is the third-largest democracy in the world. The largest Muslim country and no the country does not operate under Sharia Law. Bali on the other hand is 90+% Hindu. Known worldwide as one of the most welcoming and hospitable places on the planet. No bigotry or phobias here to speak of. Foreigners are treated with respect and courtesy as long as they are respectful of Bali culture. The culture is one of acceptance and grace. Highly religious people who have an open and sharing culture. Anyone is welcome to their frequent ceremonies and their fabulous temples. Bali is considered very safe. Crime is almost nonexistent. Locals are more likely to help you than harm you. All perfect reasons to relocate to Bali.
WHY RETIRE TO BALI WITH US
For starters, we’ve been through everything you would face and learned all the ins and outs. We’ve cultivated the necessary contacts and know how to navigate the shortcuts. We provide you with a ton of information before you even arrive and help you along the way at every turn.
After directing you about how to get the process going we will have you met at our world-class airport with the VIP service. They will get you through immigration and customs and deliver you to our driver who will meet you with cold drinks and bring you to us. After that, you will meet your personal assistant who can help you navigate everything in Indonesian. Like culture, language, sightseeing, transportation, cell phone sims, etc., etc. We will be right behind them as everyone’s learning curve develops. We want to make your life as wonderful as ours and share our love for Bali with you.
1. At 55 you can qualify for a retirement visa and immigrate to Bali
2. Bali is known for its warm welcoming people where seniors are treated with kindness and respect.
3. If you love summer it doesn’t get any better than this. At 8° below the equator.
4. The sun rises a little before 6 and sets a little before 7 p.m.
5. Not too hot, never cold. The average temperature in East Bali is 78-82° and feels even cooler with the sea breezes we have here more often than not.
6. Bali has a world-renowned International Airport ranked 3rd in the world in 2015. It is 2 hours from our location.
7. This makes for easy travel anywhere. Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, and India are all in our backyard.
8. Violent crime is almost nonexistent here and I only say almost because if there is any, it is usually perpetrated by a foreigner.
9. Property crime is non-existent here in East Bali where people leave their keys in their vehicles.
10. Locals are always first on the scene to help with any problem. Whether it’s an accident or a random stranger. One answer to why should you retire to Bali.
11. Police here are more helpful and friendly rather than punitive. In Amlapura the closest decent-sized town at the police station there is a sign that reads ” No day is complete without making a new friend”. Can you imagine police with that attitude? Another answer to “Why should I retire to Bali”.
12. Your retirement visa is called an ITAS or KITAS. Once you have that you can open a bank account and get an ATM card. The ATM and online banking here are second to none. It still amazes me all the things you can do from an ATM. Indonesia gave up checks ages ago. You can pay for things at some stores or any individual in a second on an ATM direct transfer. If you are transferring to someone who uses your same bank it’s free. To a different bank, it’s less than fifty cents.
13. Smartphones (Android) are very inexpensive here as is the service. I spend less than $30 a month on all the data and calls I can make. Using an app called WhatsApp you can call anywhere in the world for free, voice and video.
14. As a resident of Aahh Bali Senior Residence you don’t have to worry about food costs, internet, utilities, maintenance, or most of those daily expenses because it is all included.
15. This is just scratching the surface of the benefits of retiring to Bali with us. Your most looming question may be what about Health Care? See our section on the Pros and Cons of Health Care in Bali. Here is a link.
16. The most important asset that we provide is a personal assistant 6 days a week to help you with all the above and much much more. The only way to migrate to a foreign country is to have a local friend to guide you through all the things you don’t know. That would be “US”. The best answer to Why should you retire to Bali.
Jl. Pura Batu Telu, Banjar Celagi Seraya Tengah Kab
Karangasem, Bali Indonesia